Many first-time clients who have not previously built their own home are unfamiliar with what to expect from the construction process. It need not be daunting, and our family-oriented team of professionals will work with you step-by-step from the design phase to the completion of construction on your new home.
Because we are family-owned and operated, our team members are readily accessible to our clients, and there are no gatekeepers or layers of middle management to hinder regular and direct communication between builder and homeowner. We update our customers weekly to keep them educated and informed about the progression of their new home. Conversely, our clients are free to contact us whenever there is a question or concern, and this personalized attention is a distinction of the E.E. Brandenberger philosophy carried down through our generations of family builders.
A brief overview of what to expect in the typical construction process for your new home is as follows:
- Contact the builder (via website or phone number)
- Set up an initial consultation between builder and client, to determine client’s needs and preferences
- Prequalify for construction financing
- Determine location of the building site
- Put together a home package proposal with specifications on floor plan, exteriors and interiors, to suit the client’s price range and preferences
- Have prints drawn up via architectural design
- Sign the spec sheet agreement, close on the construction loan
- Obtain permits and begin construction of house
- Client may meet with our decorator, or one of their own choosing, to select colors, flooring, lighting, cabinets, brick exteriors, etc.
- E.E. Brandenberger updates homeowner weekly on construction progress at site of the new home. We remain readily accessible to receive any questions or discuss changes with the client at all times.
- Final walk-through of the home takes place with the homeowner and builder upon completion of construction.
- Final closing occurs with the financial institution, and the client is ready to move in to a new, custom-designed home.
- One year following completion of construction, the builder performs a walk-through with the homeowner to ensure owner’s satisfaction and address any questions or concerns.